Thursday, October 14, 2010

"Oh, a girl baby!"

Our sweet friends, Lindsey and Jason, welcomed their baby girl, Adelaide Elizabeth, into the world on Tuesday.  I do have pictures, but I want them to get home, get settled, and introduce their little one to world via cyberspace.  It's a parents right of passage ;)

I had not held a new born since Anderson was born nearly 19 months ago.  Typically, when our youngest is about 19 months I am about ready to give birth to the next. Not the case this time.  And actually it is a sweet, sweet relief. I have LOVED the baby years, but I am going to LOVE the big years just as much. 

As I was recounting my visit to Mark, I was telling him how beautiful the little lady was, how Lindsey had the Mama glow, and how Jason was one of the proudest new dad's I had ever seen.  We went on to reminisce our newborn days.  We smiled the smile of, "been there, done that!", kissed each other and out of my mouth came, "now we can lay down and go to sleep for 8 uninterrupted hours, poor Jason and Lindsey they'll be up all night!"

The anti-sleep gods heard me.

I fell asleep at 11:30.

Between 11:30-5:30, Anderson woke me up 3 times, Lucy woke me up twice, and Julia woke me up twice. That is seven times in 6 hours.... averaging out at being awakened every 48 minutes (this is VERY abnormal for us, I am hard core about the amount of sleep my kids get).  My newborn babies gave me much more sleep than that.

So now that it's pouring down rain, and the bed is calling my name I think I'll go lay down, oh wait someone is crying!!

I guess I will sleep when I die.  Or, tonight ;)

~s

3 comments:

  1. Lucy was my midnight visitor multiple times the weekend I stayed with them :) I am SO jealous that you have seen Adelaide!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is worthy of being jealous of :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha we had a night just like that. It was crazy and surreal--makes you appreciate all the other normal nights!

    ReplyDelete