Wednesday, October 27, 2010

my brain should be in trouble.

8:25pm the kids have been in bed for 25 minutes with strict instructions to be still and go to sleep.  no one took a nap today and everyone was on the down hill plunge.  i hear laughing and crying.  i walk into the room to see julia retreating up the bunk bed ladder, hoping to escape me actually seeing her out of place. katie is sobbing, "julia, got of her bed and was trying to tickle me!"

julia is forcefully taken into our bedroom.  when the consequences to her actions are being discussed, she says, "mom, it was my brain that said to me, 'I wonder what it would be like to get out of bed and tickle Katie?' so, it's not my fault, it is totally my brain's fault!"

julia did not get points for creativity.  she got a lesson about taking responsibility for her actions, regardless of what other voices are telling her to do, even the voices of her very own brain!!

goodnight, and don't let your brain bite!

~s

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha.
    oops, was that me laughing? :)
    poor julia. little does she know the things that brain will tell her :)
    i have to say, she and jenna are two peas in a pod. they know how to work those words so that everything makes sense ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are playing favorites :) Julia's excuse was just as creative as Lucy's :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. julia's comment WAS just as creative, but she has received the "free pass" more than 70 times 7 ;)

    ReplyDelete