Sunday, October 17, 2010

Church Signs That Make Me Want to Vomit!!

Guilt tickling, fear binding, Pharisaical spewing, church signs that only reveal the heart of those whom are guided by guilt, fear, and religiously based motivation. NOT based on the overflow of their deep passion and LOVE for their Savior. Most church signs make me want to chunk tomatoes all over them in embarrassment.  No wonder people are adamantly opposed and scarred by the church.

My least favorite signs.





 There are NO excuses for these people. I am ashamed of these signs.  They do not represent the God of the Bible.  Nor do they represent the sweet, sweet, message of the gospel. 

Other signs:
"If you love your family and God, come to church"
I am really glad that my love for my family nor my love for God is weighed in my attendance to church. My love for both my family, and my God is a gift that has been given to me regardless of the gold stars that your church is handing out. Sunday mornings are THE hardest mornings in our house. The devil himself sends devil-inklings, to stir up chaos, mischief, apathy, sadness, and tension. Most Sunday's you can find me crying in the car on the way to church.  Not because I don't want to go to church ( we love you Grace) , but because I really feel like a spiritual battle is being waged in the hearts of people, and the church is missing her mission.  Maybe because they are too busy picking out really clever, guilt, fear, and hell quotes to put on their sign.

"If you don't pray, He won't hear you!"
Again, so grateful that MY God is so particularly aware of my every move, breath, sigh, song, sadness, and praise that I don't need elegant jabberwocky to impress or move Him to hear me.

The list of church signs that make me quiver is ENDLESS. 

I am NOT against church signs. my dad has had a church sign for years.  and his is THE BEST. he is funny, witty, GRACIOUS, and hello....... LOVING! Not using scare tactics to get people in the building.

The church has lost her way.  She has forgotten her first love. She has forgotten the fragrance that she is to be revealing.

God heal the church!

~s

1 comment:

  1. They are extremist....thank God they don't run around blowing themselves up also!!! Every religion has them and they only push people away.

    ReplyDelete