Wednesday, May 25, 2011

i love boys!

this should come as no surprise to many of you, i love boys!

i grew up with three older brothers, i totally dig my husband,  i adore my dad, i was never a girly-girl, (give me ball rather than a brush kind of deal) i have some of the best guy friends a girl could ask for,  i loved babysitting my neighbors luke and nick. and when i worked at the cream of the crop, i loved teaching my little boys. so when it came time for our oldest child to come i could have sworn on my womb that i was going to have a house full of boys.  God saw it differently. and each subsequent pregnancy i could have sworn i was getting blue. but, after my three beautifully pink covered girls arrived, i was more comfortable with my girly side.  i was ready to start being called Marmee when we got pregnant with our fourth.

then my blue came, and the past 26 months have reminded me why i love boys!
they talk less and make more car noises. they are easily entertained, and aren't so terribly clingy. they move and move and move, and consequently sleep GREAT! they are ravenous eaters and their little pot bellies get me every time.

in addition to cracking up at my own son, i get to teach piano to two of the fuzziest little guys you will ever meet. tim and alex, are both 7 and just started taking piano in the fall.  teaching them is NEVER boring. what i love about teaching them is the facsinating way that their constant motion does not in fact distract them from learning, but enhances it.  tim and alex, tap their toes, drum their fingers, stand up, sit down, spin around, lay down, dance around, play the piano with their toes, etc... all while actually absorbing music.

example: this is tim at today's lesson:


it is very "unalfred" of me to let tim sit like this, but i am very non-traditional in my piano teaching. i actually, bribed tim and alex two weeks ago with candy bars if they would practice. they practiced, and i bought candy bars.

i love how our Creator deliberately created two sexes with drastically different wiring.  i love the little men in my life and look forward to watching them all grow!! 

happy wednesday!
~s

No comments:

Post a Comment