Monday, September 20, 2010

Dear Lucy's of the World

Lucy Kharis is our third born girl.  As I have mentioned in previous emails, she is a mystery to me.  Her older sisters have a big presence.  Lucy, has a unique presence.  Here are a few funny Lucy conversations.

In Walmart all alone with mom:
Lucy: Mom, I love my big sisters.
Me: That is very sweet Lucy, why do you love them?
Lucy: Because.
Me: Well, give me a reason why you love them.
Lucy: Because.
Me: No, tell me what you think is so great about them.
Lucy: I have to pee.

At church, sitting in our friend, Dave's lap right before tithe is being collected.
Dave whispering: Lucy, are you comfortable?
Lucy sorta-whispering: I have no money!
Dave: Lucy, your hair is really growing.
Lucy: I love oatmeal.

I know. I know. One comment completely irrelevant to the next. It's days like today when I would give ANYTHING to talk to my best friend, who was the third born girl of five children. Shaylin, I miss YOU!

Happy Monday,
~s

3 comments:

  1. I wish you could have seen Dave try to control himself and not totally burst out laughing in the middle of the service!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have very much liked to have seen Dave try and restrain the laughter, however, I was busy singing my favorite hymn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you had 6 verses to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete