Thursday, September 16, 2010

Because He is the Only Boy!

I rarely get to talk just about Anderson.  It is not because I don't think about him, and the way he has so wonderfully rounded out our family of six.  He is getting ready to enter into one of my favorite "sweet spot" ages, eighteen months.  After we gave birth to our sweet Lucy Kharis, we knew we wanted just ONE more.  Not because we were trying for that boy, but because four was our number.  Had Anderson been a girl that would have been it.  One time our friend asked us if we had asked God to give us a boy.  Don't get me wrong, I don't believe God is a genii in a bottle and we just have to "rub him the right way" to get our wish. I firmly believe we are asked to petition our requests AND desires because we serve a God who yearns to hear from us.  Really, Mark and I had not specifically asked God to give us a son. So, with those thoughts in mind, we prayed for a son.   We were totally delighted, giddy, awe-struck when that sonographer said, "BOY!"


Anderson wears blue tennis shoes.  He cries when I take them off of his stinky feet.  I love that he wears blue tennis shoes.

I love that Mark has a boy to share this wildly emotional house with.

I love that the girls have a brother.(I know he needs a haircut, Zach!)

And I LOVE that God said, "YES!" and gave me a son.

I am so, so blessed.
~s

No comments:

Post a Comment