Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My, "I am thankful", post..

i am knocking out my thanksgiving post today b/c it was one of ten things on my to-do list that looked the most interesting :)

according to webster, thankful means, "aware of benefit received"

hhhmmm, that got me to thinking, how often do i walk around in this life that God has given UNAWARE of the gifts and blessing bestowed on me every day. how often am i blinded, due to selfishness and  lack of attentiveness? how often am i overindulged and satisfied with the things of this world that there is no room left for my lips to utter praises to my Savior?

it also made me think how dependent am i on my circumstances to "benefit me" in order for my heart to drum up thankfulness?  how much more peaceful to remain in a state of thankfulness regardless of my daily circumstances. if i remain focused on the things NOT of this world, but rather focused on the things that my Jesus has done on my behalf, i will have an over abundant resource of thankfulness. not that i am even close to possessing this state of being, but hey i desire to move my spirit in that direction. sometimes running,  sometimes walking,  sometimes crawling, inching my way closer, and sometimes being carried.

i could go on and list all the people i am thankful for, but if you know me or if you've been reading the blog for any amount of time, you know exactly who and what i am thankful for!

i love thanksgiving. and with each passing year i begin to rank it higher and higher than christmas.  i love how simple thanksgiving is. a day spent with family, friends, and a meal which designates intimacy, relationship, communing openly with others around a table. *sigh*... i could go on and on!

i hope we all can take some time and reflect on the people and things we are aware of, or unaware of and BE THANKFUL! people and things that benefit us, or have nothing to offer and BE THANKFUL! i pray that parts of us are awakened to desire a state of being full of thanksgiving regardless of the above! and BE THANKFUL!

happy thanksgiving dear family and friends!
~s

No comments:

Post a Comment