Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I Need You, Mama....

this is my favorite saying that anderson is using these days. and to be honest with you every time he says it i can not resist whatever it is i am being called into.

i need you, mama.... to come wipe my poopy bottom
i need you, mama.... because i just dumped hummus all over my shirt
i need you, mama.... because my shirt is stuck on my head and i can't pull it down
i need you, mama.... because i can't drag my dirty bicycle into the house by myself
i need you, mama.... because i just dumped a gallon of apple juice onto the floor even after you told me to wait.

and even just now as i was typing this...

i need you, mama.... because i just peed on the couch cushions.... (ARGH!)
i need you, mama.... to hold me
i need you, mama.... to cuddle me
i need you, mama.... to give me loves
i need you, mama.... for a smooch
i need you, mama.... to kiss my boo-boo

every time i complete the task i have been beckoned too, i sweep him up in my arms kiss all over his irresistible cheeks and say, "you better always need your mama!"

but in all reality i know that he will grow up, and Lord willing be as strong, courageous, God-fearing, and an independent man like his daddy, and the other worthy men we surround him with. he might not always need me the way he needs me today, but i pray he keeps a little bit of his heart for just his mama ;)! i pray that he will honor me and love me the way Mark loves his mom, and the way my brothers sacrificially love my mom.

happy tuesday,
~s

1 comment: