Thursday, November 3, 2011

the flies missed the memo!

with my handy-dandy lewis lipp remedy i have not seen an ant around here in months... but all of the sudden we have been inundated with pesky flies. HELP, LEWIS!! besides, the good old fashion fly massacre party with my swatter (great anger therapy btw), i have no idea how to rid our house of these nasty, nasty, creatures. we are suppose to be below freezing tonight... maybe the cold will kill them.

i am not sure if it's the season, the upcoming birth of our new niece or nephew, being in KC, or what.. but i am just overwhelmed with gratefulness and deep emotion for my siblings. without them, oh my, it would be a boring, drama-less, painful, lonely, laughless, journey.

we all bring an amazing gift to our family that makes it whole. makes it somehow more bearable to walk through "the valley of the shadow of death" hand in hand. united in our desire to release mom into a place of restful joy. united that each day we will savor life. EVERY LIFE. united that we will have eachother's back, and lead block when necessary. an unending to place to find support, a head butt if you deserve it, a listening ear, some drama for the boring days, and a soul that knows your past inside and out, and the promise of being there for your future.

today i am ubber grateful for each of them and what they bring to my life.
i, no doubt, have a special treasure in my siblings!

here is to my siblings!
~s

1 comment:

  1. My wife is totally against this idea and therefore won't allow me to do this in the kitchen but there is in fact a foolproof way to rid a room of flies. RAID and whatever that other popular bug spray (I can't remember the name) make a new spray called "flying insects". I've seen it at Walmart and we bought it from Lowe's.

    You spray it around the room, step outside for an hour or so and come home to dead flies everywhere. Anyways---being the good mom that you are you probably don't want pesticides in the air in your house either but boy it sure works good. I think a little bug spray in the lungs once in a great while can't hurt you. But what do I know?

    ReplyDelete