Friday, September 9, 2011

i'm gonna miss this...

it goes without saying that there are days when the daily grind of multiplying laundry, endless meals and dishes, poop filled toilets, fermented juice cups, sticky scrambled egg floors, gets TOTALLY exhausting. sometimes i find myself day dreaming about the day when the house will actually... i don't know STAY CLEAN. when my perfectly folded laundry will not spend days and weeks in baskets.  when i am laboring in the kitchen for hours on a delicious, unique, recipe.. wine in hand, news in the background, and mark just moments away from walking through the door and the two of us sharing an uninterrupted meal together.... ah, bliss.

but who am i kidding? i am light years away from such nonsense.

in the meantime, i KNOW that i am going to ache someday when i...

no longer find animals in my fruit and veggie basket-



when i no longer find froggy rain boots in my shower-



and when i no longer find footballs in the fridge-

i am determined to not wish my days and years away with my growing, stretching, just plan ole' nasty, messy, and busy children  :)

so laundry, meals, dishes, toilets, cups, and eggs you enjoy your current status..

i am off to the park with my kids!

happy weekend,
~s

No comments:

Post a Comment