Tuesday, August 16, 2011

no child left behind...(part 4)

i love my son, but that does not mean that he does not drive me to the funny farm sometimes.  anderson has embraced his 27 month-old-ness in every possible way. his energy, his appetite, his curiosity, his rotten-ness, his sudden lack of control over his bowels, his temper tantrum throwing-ness, his biting, his hitting,... it's all come out of the wood works, friends.

i understand that everyone is adjusting... HOWEVER, it does NOT excuse poor decisions. anderson, i am sorry that you are feeling the effects of the move... BUT you will NOT bite me, hit your sisters, or throw yourself on the floor at walmart and scream at me...oh, no you won't. i am still the Mama and you are still the son. the wee son who is 27 months old :)

after a particularly difficult day, after many "talks", many gracious and non-gracious reminders of the rules, anderson sat down at the piano and began to sing, " my mama is sooooo b-ea-UUUU-ti-ful!! so beautiful!" it was hard not to crack up and kiss his smooch-able cheeks. then with that totally fake, cheesy, smile, he hugged me so tight around the neck.

being two is H.A.R.D., don't be fooled. everyone is battling for positions of authority. your two year old wants you to take control, but is not articulate enough to communicate that in words. instead, they do the most incredulous things to get your attention, test the waters, and deep down inside they hope you respond. if you lose the battle at two ,then the consequences will be for a life time. two can be terrible, and in the same breath, totally terrific!

we are hoping for some more terrific days in the near future! if not, my new address will be:
Funny Farm 101

here he is stealing Gram's wheel chair. doesn't that face just say, "i am two, get out of the way?" 
~s

1 comment:

  1. OH Sara I love your blog. I love hearing about your family. It makes me feel still a little connected to "The Halls" whom I will always love.

    ReplyDelete