Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Lovin'

pink is not my favorite color. i am not a fan of anything with a  heart on it. i don't really LOVE chocolate. and stuffed animals don't really make me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. i was recounting all of my " valentine's dislikes" to mark the other night (while we were on our valentine's date...ironic!!) as we passed the hallmark window display full of all of my "dislikes!" mark, oh so gently said, "but if a husband is really loving his wife by getting her those things, and a wife really feels loved when her husband gets her those things, what's the big deal? why are you so bent out of shape about it?" OUCH! he is so right. who died and made me the greek goddess of love? :) i can not see the hearts of those around me. i can not stamp their acts of love as disingenuous simply b/c it involves colors and foods i pass on. and so what if they happen to show that love on february, 14th? if i am commanded to be anything, it's to be love. how is it helpful to be cranky on the day that the world has chosen to celebrate love? if anything, i should be the biggest, pinkest, heart-like-creature, oozing chocolate and love on that day. i should be shouting from the roof tops and pointing others to the richest source of true love... My Jesus. My Valentine.

so watch out february, 14th, i might look a little different this year :)

~s

2 comments:

  1. Love this, Sara!!!! Can't wait to see what Monday holds for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe...it cracks me up how much we are alike sometimes...
    I got a burgers-and-coffee-by-the-water date and a beautiful orchid (which my husband KNOWS will eventually die under my less-than-green-thumb care)...even though we officially do not celebrate Valentine's day...did you ooze chocolate and love? :-)

    ReplyDelete