Sunday, December 12, 2010

a little bit of constipation...

i never promised that my blog would be the most eloquent.

i never promised that my blog would always be filled with proper etiquette.

but i did promised that it would be about real life.

last week we had quite the comedy of errors around here. within 48 hours we had five separate instances of brokenness. two different cars had to be fixed, one computer needed to be fixed, one DVD player needed to be fixed, and we had a broke bank account.. (not literally, although, this time of year it feels broke. but rather, the bank account had incorrect information in it...causing a domino effect of brokenness) at one point in the 48 hours we thought that someone had broken into our bank account, that we had an irreparable van, and that we had lost ALL information on our computer. talk about a gut check... thankfully, everything has been put back into working order and we are moving on.

because the computer has been down for a week, i have been really constipated in my writing. it's that time of year to start writing my christmas letter. christmas letters are really important to me. last year i didn't write one.. the first time in our marriage that i didn't write one... for good reason, i think. but i was ready to pour myself into that letter this week. and had ZERO opportunity. SO, everything has been bottled up inside my head with no place to go. some of it so scrambled up now that i can't remember what exactly i was going to write about.  writing has become such an outlet for me that it helps me structure my day. several days this week i felt crazed, partly because of the mad brokenness... and partly because i couldn't write. this week helped me realize how much i love and NEED to write. even though the break wasn't wanted, it caused reflection..  and that was good for me.

so here is to a stool softener... and possibly a diarrhea effect on my posts this week.

~s

No comments:

Post a Comment