Wednesday, January 26, 2011

rolling with my homies

i am pretty sure that my brother zach and i have watched clueless more times that i can count. one of my favorite lines is, "rolling with the homies!"
well, that is what i am doing. i am unexpectedly in kansas... rolling with my homies :)

my dad was having some medical issues and a set of extra hands were needed. zach, andrew, and i fought over who got to come home and my road was the smoothest. zach and andrew are jealous!

with the "husband of the year" award once again going to mark, and the community service award going to our church, the details of who was going to be resposible for our 4 kids while i was gone for 4 days was decided in 20 minutes. if you would like to see how the body of Christ is suppose to function, come visit our church!! we are not perfect, we are the island of the misfits, but oh my... the tangible expression of true love could not be more felt. we are beyond blessed!!

so i am here: chauffering, cooking, planning, laughing, crying, sleeping, sipping coffee, being a little bossy, shopping, helping, cleaning, hugging and kissing my nieces, texting, organizing, sorting, and being a little bossy.... a perfectly great way to spend an unexpected week in kansas, rolling with my homies.

thanks for all the calls, emails, texts, messages, prayers, car rides, babysitting adventures, meals, visits, evenings with mimes, etc..

we are grateful for such amazing homies.
~s

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about the circumstances of your visit, but so glad you can be there. As soon as I saw the title, I immediately connected it to Clueless-LOVED that movie in HS and watched it a billion times.

    ReplyDelete