Wednesday, January 12, 2011

i stink..

no literally, i stink. i think i forgot to put deodorant on this morning before i headed out to teach piano and have lunch with our friends. i got home and took my favorite CRS hooddy sweatshirt off and i got a whiff of myself. YUCK! maybe that's why we got awful service at the Dalhgren Pizza Hut ;) or maybe they just always have bad service...

anywho, not only do i physically stink... i've had a pretty stinky week in my heart. i have had two sick kids this week and their presence has made me feel trapped. and their sickness altered all of MY plans for the week. and then, since i felt trapped my attitude turned into crap. (like my rhythm?) i have been grouchy, impatient, irrational, and all together a big fat crankster!

aren't you glad only a handful of you live close enough to actually get a dose of me in full crankster mode? well, my husband and my children have had the unrated version of the monster mom. i really dislike her. i hate her. and i don't use the word hate unless i'm serious. she is selfish, unkind, petty, ungracious, and really NO FUN TO LIVE WITH!

thankfully, my husband and my siblings (and hopefully soon my children) have gently learned how to say such things to me in one sentence... "sara, you need some more jesus!" or "sara, you need to take a shower and cleanse your soul!" none of these people in my life mean this in a bible thumping, legalistic way... they just know that when i am in monster mode there is no quicker way to dissolve my issues then to laughingly, jokingly, imply that i need a good refill of jesus.

oh man, they could not be more right. sometimes i just wake up on the wrong side of the bed and all goes to you know where. there is no leisurely waking up with 4 small children. there is no sipping coffee in silence and meditating before the day begins for me... well, there could be if i got up 5:30, and i have honestly considered it after this week... but really i hit the ground running... answering questions, dishing out oatmeal, assigning math, cleaning up juice spills, changing fully loaded poop bombs, and trying to think clearly while the noise level continues to increase. thank God for coffee.

*stricken smitten begins to play in the background* all this to say, i stink. i am rotten through and through...there is nothing good in me that does not originate from the very hand of God. left to my own devices i would be monster mom 24/7. thankfully, the Holy Spirit is ever present to guide and strengthen me in my most intense storms. when i call on Him, He is faithful. so after a stinky beginning to the week, i am so glad that i have the source of "about face" on my side who is willing to help me. i am thankful for a husband and for 4 small monkeys who forgive my crappy ways, encourage me, love on me, and ultimately remind me of our great God. i am thankful for friends who bring over delicious soup simply b/c they want to help out. i am thankful for friends who suggest Pizza Hut for lunch... even if the service is well..... STINKY! :)

here is to a better second half of the week!
~s

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this; it helps to know other people stink, too.

    ReplyDelete