Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pecked Like a Chicken

one of my favorite motherhood quotes is the following, "sometimes being the mother of small children (and large children) is like being pecked by a chicken all day long!"

mom, can you help?
mom, can you read to me?
mom, can you wipe my nose?
mom, can you help me with my math?
no, mom!
yes, mom!
please, mom!
stop, mom!
feed me, bathe me, tie my shoe, button my coat, PECK! PECK! PECK!


sometimes amongst the many requests my response is, "if you need me then you have to come help me do whatever i am doing!"

don't get my wrong, i love reading to the kids, i love coloring with them and playing Uno, but sometimes i have things that need some attention, like cleaning out a pan that has been in the sink for 3 days. :)

yesterday, julia "needed" to be with me... so, she got to clean the pan. actually, she begged and begged to clean it. who am i to refuse her such a request?

hang in their moms!
~s

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness, Jules Vern...you're such a helpful beauty! Wish I had a gorgious lil one in my kitchen today! :) Miss you lil girl!! Can't wait till summer!! :) yippeeee!

    ReplyDelete