Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Adapting to Adagio



Adagio is a musical tempo for slow and stately (literally, *at ease*). One of the reason we enjoy rural Mississippi is because we can find that *at ease* tempo again. One does not just adapt to the adagio lifestyle over night. The first time I moved to rural Mississippi was nine months after Mark and I married, and I unfortunately down spiraled into depression. It was a multi-layered down spiral, living in the middle of no where wasn't the only reason I struggled, but it definitely was a contributing factor. It took three summers in Mississippi, seven full years in Mississippi, and two years in rural Virginia for me to finally "adapt" to adagio. When we moved back to Kansas City, I had no idea that I would have to adjust to city life again. I grew up in the city. I was a city girl. The city was coming home. I loved the city. I loved the life that poured out from city streets. I loved the hustle and bustle. Everything was so close. Everything was at your fingertips, so there was always some where to go and always something to do. I will always love the city, but some where deep inside I began to crave the stillness. I began to crave the quiet.

It is quiet here. There is much stillness to be found here. And I am very grateful!

I haven't shown many pictures of our perfectly, beautiful, house because we are just taking our sweet time getting settled. I figure if we are going to live here for the rest of our lives, I've got some time to figure out where I want things to go :) It's all apart of embracing the adagio for me. Typically, I would be going mad with unpacked boxes stacked in the living room still, but like I said in this post, there are WAY more important things for me to be investing my energy in right now, (i.e. SURVIVING).

Here is a little glimpse out our bedroom window. I love it. The trees kind of bend to an adagio melody while the slight breeze whispers, "stillness".




Although our house is no cover of Southern Living, y'all come see us anytime and embrace your own adagio!

~Sara

picture from cooperpiano.com





2 comments: