Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Thinking About Her

Thinking about my mom so much today. She would have LOVED all this snow. She would have inevitably reminded us that HE washes us white as snow. "Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:7

Julia wanted to bake today (of course she did I am on a fast from all sugar)..So we baked.

I am not much of a baker. Cook, yes. Baker, no. In fact, when friends came to help over see my children during the week of the memorial service in November, my sugar and flour was still in the basement packed from our move in JULY!! That's how little I bake.

After Julia baked the cupcakes, I showed the kids how my mom used to make homemade icing. It was a total hit!! And for all of you out there keeping score I DID have a lick of the icing. In memory of mom, of course! :)

Happy Snow Day, AGAIN!!

Me and Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment