Wednesday, February 13, 2013

And the Valentine's Bye Goes to.....

Mark Littlejohn!!!!!

*crowd erupts into applause*

I don't love Valentine's Day. I am not wooed nor charmed by the consumer motivated agenda behind this pink and heart-ish day. I don't love pink and I don't *typically love hearts.

That was until about 6 days ago.
That was until this was slipped unto my finger.

Isn't it stunning? I think so.

But I am far crazier about the sentiment of the gift.

No, this was not from Mark. Although, Mark did give me a stunning ring about 12 years ago :)
This ring is from my Dad.
This ring was my Mama's.
And for Valentine's Day, Dad had it cleaned and fixed for me.

A perfect gift.

This might be the only heart-ish thing you'll ever see me wear, and wear it I will!!

So really nothing can top this gift this year; no card, no roses, no chocolates (except maybe some Christopher Elbow chocolates), no restaurant. That's why Mark gets a bye...

Happy Valentine's Day!
~Sara

1 comment: