Thursday, November 1, 2012

Living In the Storm: Trick or Treat, Grammy?

My mom treated each holiday as if it were it's own.  Thanksgiving was never blended with Christmas. We celebrated Thanksgiving until 11:59pm on that fourth Thursday of November. Then we started Christmas decorating. Mom decorated the whole house for EACH holiday. I loved it. I still LOVE IT!

I am unsure if Grammy was ready for her trick or treaters last night. It might have felt more like a trick when Daddy inflated a huge pumpkin on her bed and six loud children came parading through the hallways, but nonetheless we celebrated with candy corn, chocolate, smiles, laughter and pictures.





Yesterday, in some of my reading I came across this quote from Arthur Christopher Bacon and it ministered to my heart on a day when I was really needing some encouragement.

"I can still believe that a day comes for all of us, however far off it may be, when we shall understand; when these tragedies that now blacken and darken the very air of heaven for us will sink into their places in a scheme so august, so magnificent, so joyful, that we shall laugh for wonder and delight"

I believe that statement with all of my being. I believe beyond a shadow of doubt that my Redeemer will make ALL things new, that He is orchestrating the events of my life so that HE might be high and lifted up. Joy will seep through the bleeding wounds this earth leaves on my heart and I will see like I have never seen before the beauty that He was making from ashes.

I know there are hurting hearts in my readers today. I know so many of you are carrying burdens, pains, wounds, fears, and concerns that are paralyzing you and making the face of your Jesus blurry. I beg that you resist the tricks that are being thrown your way to detour your eyes from the Prize. I pray that you will know Truth and Grace, and that you will rest easy in His arms.

He is good, OH SO GOOD!!
He has not forgotten you.
He will keep His promises and continue to pursue you and refine you until you reflect only Him.
He does not play tricks, but pours down His undeserved blessings on us day after day!

On this, holiday hangover day, may your hearts be encouraged!
~s

No comments:

Post a Comment