Thursday, November 29, 2012

Living In The Storm: Incomplete thoughts.

The time will come when I have every intention of walking back thru the last 10 days and explaining the transforming moments along the way. For a while though, I might just only be able to write in incomplete sentences and incomplete thoughts (I know, Matt, really no changes at all :). Today, I wanted to share a few of the really special things that people said to me over the last 10 days that just settled in my heart. Obviously, I have been on the receiving end of many people's love and condolences, so this does not minimize anything you shared, rather these are the ones that I wake up thinking about. Some of these I am even unsure who said it, but it stuck.

1. My sister (quoting her pastor) "Love shows up!"
2. In my pep talk/cry fest with one of the best friends a girl could know, "You do not have to be appropriate or kind tonight!"
3. Lucy's breakfast prayer yesterday morning, "Thank you Jesus, Grammy is all better!"
4. In the midst of trying to figure out why the heck I literally couldn't get off the couch, a wise, wise, woman said, "Baby, I think you are just sad, and that's ok!" Ah, such truth!
5. "Your grief path is going to look very different than everyone else's. There is no manual for grief. Sometimes grief shows up in the strangest ways!" Paraphrased from my in house counselor ;)
6. Sweet Leon, "Y'all put the F.U.N. in funeral!"

There is a line from sleepless in Seattle that keeps going through my head when people ask, "How are you doing?" I think, "Well, I'm gonna get out of bed every morning... breathe in and out all day long. Then, after a while I won't have to remind myself to get out of bed every morning and breathe in and out... and, then after a while, I won't have to think about how I had it great and perfect for a while."

~s

No comments:

Post a Comment