Thursday, November 22, 2012

Living In The Storm: Mama's Storm is OVER!

Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!     Serve the Lord with gladness!
    Come into his presence with singing! 
 Know that the Lord, he is God!
    It is he who made us, and we are his;
    we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
    and his courts with praise!
    Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good;
    his steadfast love endures for ever,
    and his faithfulness to all generations. 
Psalm 100


I think it's a pretty amazing gift that on this, Thanksgiving Day, I get to share with you that yesterday was the last day that Mama had to live in the storm of this journey.  The resounding emotion that is flowing through my heart is this kind of thanksgiving I have never experienced before. Thankful, thankful, thankful, that my Mama is whole, that her Thanksgiving meal will in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ, thankful that she is free, thankful that it is finished, thankful for the people who have been with us in the trenches from the beginning of this journey, and through the hell of the past 3 days. Thankful, that on this Thanksgiving Day, I will drink in memories of my Mom and let the tears spill over (as they are now). In continuation of the great tradition my mom started, when we go around the table today and we each say what we are thankful for I am unsure my voice will be strong enough to speak but even if it's a whisper, my answer will be, "Mom, Mom, Mom, I am so very, very thankful for my Mama!"

Undeniably relieved. And not just this day or during this month, but eternally, THANKFUL!
~s

1 comment:

  1. OH Dear Sara and all.
    bitter sweet tears. Your Mom will be missed and sad tears flow for that reason but OH the blessing to know that she is free now and rejoice with her in that freedom. What glorious joy for us as believers to be able to have tears of joy when a loved one enters their eternal home. hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete