Tuesday, August 21, 2012

when we pray



this song has blessed me over and over again these past few weeks. this was one of the songs that the kids sang at VBS.

there are so many lines that have just melted into my daily movements.

"when we pray, our hearts are free"

i don't know about you, but my heart needs freedom from a lot of things, freedom from a lot of people. prayer offers me this ability to lay it all down at the foot of the cross, brush my hands off and say, "it's yours...have at it!" true. FREEDOM!

" then you say, get up and go! let the chains fall down, for you have no need to fear!"

what has you in chains today?

fear?
insecurity?
lies?
money?
status?
excess?
grief?

prayer offers the answer for us to loose these chains and dance a dance that is unhindered.

music always just soothes the rough edges of my life. it heals on a level that is indescribable.

i hope you enjoy!
~s

No comments:

Post a Comment