Saturday, May 12, 2012

Who me, a Mom?

It doesn't matter how it's said, (ok, when it's said in the high pitched whiny tone it loses it's charm :) how often it's said, or which child says it... my heart still skips a beat when I hear it; "Mama, Mom, Mommy, Mimi, (Julia's silly name for me). I want to look over my shoulder and see if MY mom is standing there. How is it that I am a Mom? A real life Mom. Someone looks at me with the unfiltered eyes that I look at my sweet Mama with.

 I am humbled, inspired, filled with joy, deeply satisfied, and unbelievably blessed to carry the title of "MOM". I do not take this title lightly, nor am I intimated at the ramifications my role possesses. My calling weighs heavy upon me. Being asked to get up day after day, month after month, year after year and lay your life down for your child is absolutely the hardest thing I have EVER done, and probably will ever do. But the secret and not so secret rewards could only be held in the deep chambers of the heart of a mother.

First time Mom's say it all the time in preparation, "People say everything changes after the baby comes, I am going to try really hard to not let that happen!" Experienced Moms hold in their guttural laughter. Bottom line, motherhood changes everything, and thank God every selfish bone in our bodies is stripped away by the innocent cry of an infant child that needs us for survival. Thank God everything changes, because we are a people in DEEP need of a change. Thank God our Savior uses our love for our children to transform our hearts FOREVER!

I am the Mom of the funniest, craziest, silliest, sweetest, and stunning 4 kids this planet has ever seen.
I am a Mom, unashamedly, unreservedly, unconditionally.... I am a Mom!

If you don't know it already, I am pretty crazy about my own Mom.
If you don't know it already, God saw fit to bless me with the most incredible Mother-in-law EVER.
If you don't know it already, my sister is an AMAZING Mom who has kept me from running away from my calling many a day.
If you don't know it already, my sister-in-law has so graciously crossed over into motherhood land with the sweetest love.
If you don't know if already, I journeyed with, have been influenced by, carried, and am indebted to some the most selfless, awe-inspiring, moms.

I am blessed beyond all measure.

Mark asked me the other day if our life was all I had ever dreamed about... My response, "Our life is FAR beyond all I have ever dreamed about!"

I became a Mom the very second Katie was conceived in my womb (December of 2002). I will be a Mom for as long as my soul exists.




  


No comments:

Post a Comment