Tuesday, May 15, 2012

cooking with LL Cool J

ok, so really i was cooking with AJ cool LJ.

i spend the majority of my life in the kitchen prepping, preparing, and cleaning up from 21 meals a week (give or take). it can well... be all consuming. thankfully, i have some really great helpers found in all my children and a husband who knows his way around the kitchen quite impressively (such a turn on) ahem.

i have said for a long time i think anderson is going to be a chef. he LOVES cooking. today he wore his spider man sunglasses while assisting me with el-mac-aron-de-la-cheese.

over the years i have had some pretty beautiful views from my kitchen sink. at twin lakes i could do the dishes while enjoying the view of the beautiful lake. in starkville and KG i had a beautiful view of our back yards.. the fresh breeze from the window could roll over my dawn soaked hands while i listened to all of nature cheer me on :)  in our current house, this is my view while i do dishes...


i LOVE this set up. an island with bar stools. it has proven to be super convenient time and time again. i typically don't sit during breakfast or lunch. i just stand at the island and serve up things from my short order diner. the mess is contained and i still get to be apart of all the chatter and giggles. at first i thought i wouldn't like people walking into my house first thing and seeing the kitchen sink, but as per usual people are drawn to the kitchen and camp out there for endless hours of food and conversation.

it was only right that my first mother's day as a mother in kansas i was given sunflowers (the state flower) as a gift. they are stunning!


we hope you are having a fantastic tuesday!
~s

No comments:

Post a Comment