Sunday, June 26, 2011

He is a beaver shark!

Today is my brother Zach's birthday!!

There is no blog post long enough for me to be able to convey to you the way I feel about my brother.  Just as there is no blog post long enough for me to be able to convey the way I feel about ALL of my siblings.

Zach and I were thrown together under the most severe of circumstances; birth order four and five. Four and five can be a treacherous location.  But with our companionship, dating back to our time spent as being "servant" and "dog", (while playing house) we made the most out of our hardships :)!

A phone call, a text, or an email from Zach can brighten the darkest of days. If I am in a really bad, sad, or depressed mood Mark's first question is, "have you talked to Zach today?" My very wise husband knows the influence that my brother Zach still has on me :)  Zach is funny, and has kept the sense of humor in our family alive and shaking.  My kids are drawn to him and his sick ways of picking on them. He threatens to shave Katie's head every time they talk, and he tells Jules that her feet stink all the time.. But they keep going back for more...

Zach is someone that you want to know and be known by.  He, just like our Lucy, is steady, calm, and loves very deeply.  His heart could not be any larger!

Zach, I love you.  Thank you for being Y.O.U! For bringing unending laughter and sensibility into our lives.

It also goes without saying how incredibly proud we ALL are of the AMAZING changes Zach has made to his life. A sister gets to brag that her brother has lost nearly 60 pounds in 6 months! And oh me, oh my, he is SO handsome :)!  But we try to not focus on our fat days, or skinny jeans, or "apple in the mouth just call me wilbur" kind of moments in our lives. It is SO much bigger than all of that, and Zach is one of the few people in this world that gets it.

Thanks for showing me, and the whole world what friendship, REAL friendship can look like!
Smooch,
~s






No comments:

Post a Comment