Friday, June 28, 2013

Maybe Mississippi is NOT a Mistake?!

It is probably a good thing I do not have ample time to be considering and reconsidering the pro's and con's of what lies ahead for my sweet family, but in recent days I am gaining back my confidence that I, in fact, will survive in the south. The following reasons support my thinking.

1. After seven years previously spent in Mississippi (plus 3 summers), I already say "y'all" with no problem. SCORE.

2. I already know the difference between Mississippi and Mississippi State.

3. When a local person says they are from "Chupelo", I already know that there is no such town as "Chupelo". Rather, in normal people talk, it is T.U.P.E.L.O. Located in the north Mississippi.

4. I can, without a doubt, make a fine gallon of REAL TEA. And if you are of the sweet tea persuasion, I can do that too, thanks to Mary-Mary!

5. I own not one, but TWO cast iron skillets. SHA-BOOM!

6. I LOVE corn bread AND hush puppies!

7. I am a Walmart girl, not a Target girl.

8. When reading thru the top 50 most famous southern'isms I have heard the majority of them, with one of my favorites being, "He's slicker than pig snot on a radiator "

And my final reason for firmly believing the south will not swallow me whole is;

9. I know where the Mason Dixon line IS and it's history. HOLLA!

~Sara







No comments:

Post a Comment