Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Traveling Pants...

A long time ago I saw The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I don't remember much, but I appreciated the message of the bond between girls.

From the time I was in high school I have needed, longed for, and thrived from women's bibles studies. When I had 3 kids 3 and under I was in two women's bible studies and a MOPS group. It was how I survived the long, tedious, tiresome days of infant-hood /toddler-hood.

I can not even begin to describe the influence other women have had on my heart. To walk with, to do life with, to study the word of God together, to weep together, to rejoice together, to boldly approach the throne of God together as a group of needy, seeking-women, is absolutely astounding. Week after week, month after month, year after year the transforming power of the sisterhood has been my life line.

Before the world began God saw fit to place me in each group, "For such a time as this!". Each study providing guidance, safety, and LIFE for each unique stage I was in. I just smile so big when I think of ways He has revealed Himself to me in cozy living rooms of fellow sojourners.

I am so grateful that God does not intend for us to journey alone, but rather He intentionally surrounds us with people who sharpen us, inspire us, uphold us,.... "Oh what a foretaste of glory divine!"

So this is for all the women I've done life with, I am doing life with, and will do life with. You have blessed me, you have been used to fill the broken, undone places of my heart. You have been honest, helpful, hilarious, wise, (oh, so beautifully wise), vulnerable, and you have faithfully pointed me to Jesus.

Now everybody, go find you a group of people to share your pants with ;)!

Thank you,
~Sara



No comments:

Post a Comment