Saturday, June 16, 2012

the post man made me cry...

ok, so really it wasn't the post man pr-say. it was the us post office sending me an official notice stating that on july 19th their one year guarantee of forwarding our mail from our VA address to our KS address would be fulfilled. that's the part that got me. the ONE YEAR part.

the ache began in my tummy and inched its way up into the corners of my eyes where the tears spilled over. one year! really? how is that possible? one year ago we let go of a lot of somethings and a lot of someones that we desperately love and miss. all in all, we said goodbye to a life that had become so much a part of who we were, who our family had become.  missing our former life is no indication that we aren't totally thrilled with the life we now live in kansas. comparing the two is impossible. they were never meant to be opposing factors. we have NO regrets about moving to KS! every time i look at my mom and dad, hug my nieces, have living room chats with my siblings, or soak up every moment with our dear, dear, friends i don't flinch about our decision to move here.

it's just sometimes the all too familiar longing for what was comes sneaking up on me and it hurts. really hurts. so much of what was still lingers in our hearts. no doubt the verse from esther rings truer than ever, "for such a time as this!" but as we fondly think back on our time in VA we now say, "for such a time as what once was!"

and what an incredibly, unforgettable time it was!

VA, we miss you. some kind of bad!

~s




















1 comment: