Sunday, July 14, 2013

I am a brat!

I am very much a fan of the 'name it and claim it' camp.. not necessarily when it comes to religious philosophy, but most definitely when it comes to my junk. I try so hard to write on this blog when I am mostly balanced and stable. If you do life with me, you know that I am never 100% balanced and stable, how boring would THAT be? ;) All that to say, I try not to write when I am depressed, so that I am not like the next Mrs. Eeyore roaming the earth, and I try not to write when things are just peachy, because often times others read into that as if I am trying to communicate I have a perfect life. NEWS FLASH: I do not have a perfect life!! Hence, the reason I try to be well rounded in my writing.

Friday I failed you. Failed me.

When I write, typically there is only one person on this earth whose response I am looking for; Mark's. I can receive wonderful accolades from across the globe, but it is NOT until I hear the words come from his mouth, "Great blog today, babe."  "Laughed so hard I spit across the room!" "Sobbed like a baby in my office!" etc..etc.. Then I can dust my hands off and rest after a good day's work. But Friday, I could see it in his eyes when he walked in the door and said, "Today's blog wasn't your typical M.O., everything ok?"

Convicted.

UGH!

We are moving, and that is not an excuse. But for those who have moved before you know that when you add 'moving' to the equation of life the whole thing is an unbalanced mess. Friday was a mess. I was a mess. Broken, sensitive, hurting, aching, unsure, unpredictable, just the most unpleasant peach to be around EVER. Ask my children, Mark and my KK.

When I sat down to write I was so self absorbed I had the audacity to complain about a smart phone. FOR REAL? A smart phone. *now everyone is frantically looking for Friday's post* I deleted it because it was not me. It wasn't anything extreme, just me being a first world brat with a first world complaint about my iphone. GIVE.ME.A.BREAK!

There are so many other things that I want to write about in this space concerning far more valuable areas.  Areas that enrich your time spent on this blog and my time spent writing. Complaining is not how I want to spend my time or your time.

If you happened to come across the blog on Friday, please forgive my selfishness.

When I regrouped and put my "world view" glasses back on I was ashamed, literally, ashamed, of how I often get wrapped up in my first world ridiculousness, when others have nothing. NOTHING.

Tonight I am grateful for gentle husbands, amazing cousins, large margaritas, delete buttons, and buckets of forgiveness that my heart abundantly needs.

Thanks for continuing to read from the hand of this very broken writer!

Loves,
~Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment