Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Petri Dish

If there are any psychology majors, marriage and family therapy majors, counselors in training, those studying cortisol levels, newlyweds, or those of you who need a good reminder of why we are called to abstinence before marriage; I welcome you with open arms into our home right now to conduct your own personal "petri dish" study regarding how moving effects the very nucleus of a family of six.

I have a fairly high EQ (emotional quotient) so when walking through circumstances like a cross country move I try to pay attention to the subtle messages my children are sending me about the move, through their actions, words, body language, or lack of obedience ;) I cannot count the number of meltdowns we have had this week. Anderson cried from the moment he woke up yesterday til the moment he went back to bed. Julia and Lucy are fighting like vicious barn cats, and sweet Katie is asking a lot of questions, (this is her way of processing a big change). This is the place I omit how Mark and I are processing the change, it MIGHT include an embarrassing fight in front of company AND *maybe* a $200 bill at TJ's. *omission*

Change is hard. Moving is even harder. It is not even the 'touching every single item in your entire house' and boxing it that is stressful, it is all the details and emotions in between. Mark was telling me about listening to Tony Evans and his wife Lois, speak on the radio this week on the way to work. One of the things Lois encouraged her listeners to do is before getting out of bed each morning reaching your hands up to the heavens and telling the Lord that this is HIS day, and while we all have our individual plans for the day that HIS plans would prevail.

The last few days I have not necessarily lifted my hands to the heavens, (let's be real, I don't have that kind of energy before my cup of coffee, ;) but I have whispered, "This is YOUR day, precious Father!"

The last few days have BLOWN.UP!! Unpredictable changes, delays in MS, cranky kids, cranky Mama, unexpected bills, etc, etc,.... line it up people. BUT the whole time I have this unmoved sense of peace in my heart. And the Lord has whispered over and over in my quivering spirit, "I KNOW the plans I have for you, this move, and your yet to be home and life in MS!" PERIOD. The first two words always get me choked up, "I KNOW!" I love that He knows, even when I am stirring in a petri dish of unknowns and 'what ifs'. Not only does He know all the details and changes and delays and stresses; He knows ME, my hubby, and my babies. He knows the ache in our hearts, the excitement, the nervousness, the hesitations, and second thoughts we wake up too in the middle of the night.

He knows.

I trust Him. Unreservedly.

He is good. Always good.

And His plans are far, far, richer and more life giving than any plans I can muster up on my own.

So, here is to a day that is permeated by HIS plans, not mine.

~Sara
Enjoy some pics of our final days in KS.

Chick Fil A Day with cousins


Sweet friends


Last date night in KS

Where we were engaged 12 1/2 years ago


Lucy lost her first tooth yesterday! *SOB*

Church friends

God always provides amazing friends for us to do real life with wherever we go. Not just acquaintances, but people who get in our lives and get covered in our junk and our goodness, and vice versa. We are so, so thankful for the Coopers, who have blessed us with their friendship, their lives, and their MANY gifts!








No comments:

Post a Comment