Thursday, December 20, 2012

Winter Snow

Confession:

It's been hard to find words lately when I talk with my God. Sometimes just silence during our time together. Or me whispering the psalmist's plea, "Search me and know me!" No preacher's prayer prayed, just a white canvas waiting for the Artist to paint an inspired picture.

Sometimes I just play music and find Him on the dance floor, He bows and I curtsey, we let the lyrics communicate the groans of our hearts.

It snowed in Kansas last night. The sky is bright blue. It's beautiful. So beautiful I cried.

It made me think of this song.

My favorite line, "You came like a winter snow, quiet and soft and slow"

Quiet. Soft. Slow. I love those words right now. It's how my days have felt since Mama left. It's how my heart feels, my energy. And it's how my Savior is dealing with me; quiet, soft, and slow. Just exactly how I need Him to deal with me.

~Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment