Tuesday, July 12, 2011

something old: something new (day 16)

old: i will miss the physical distance, which lends itself to the emotional distance, of being "far away" from the disease. sometimes i get to live in la-la land about what exactly my mom, dad, and siblings are going through. while i never intentionally allowed myself to do that.. it just happens with space. i know there will be days where i will wish i was 1100 miles away... not to get away from those whom i dearly, dearly, love.. rather to distance myself from the disease and it's painful everyday effects.

new: my brothers. it will be exceptionally wonderful to get to BE with my brothers again. movies, trips, game nights, nothing nights...lasagna nights :)... carrying the load together. and for the first time in my children's lives they will actually get to LIVE where they have real life uncles and aunts (they did have WONDERFUL great-aunts and great-uncles whom watched them grow in MS, and that is NOT to be dismissed :) ..... BLESSING!!!


~s

No comments:

Post a Comment