Friday, July 8, 2011

something old: something new (day 11 & 12)

old: i will miss my friend Lee Heather, immensely!  over the last two years Mark has saved a large amount of therapy money by simply allowing me to debrief weekly with Lee Heather. :)  As God so perfectly planned our time here, He knit together friendships for me that benefited me, that encouraged me, that healed me, that taught me, that at the end of the day, i am a better person, wife, mother, child-of-God because of these friends.. and Lee Heather has been vital to my heart in SO many ways.  Lee Heather is a very safe place for me to be.  she is one of the best listeners i know. and i have laughed multiple times in the presence of Lee Heather until my belly ached! Lee Heather, thank you!!



old: *we are doing two today*


i will miss my friend Lindsey Schubert.  Lindsey and Jason moved to King George the same month we moved to King George. They moved here after going to seminary in St. Louis. it was and has been SO nice to have someone who can relate to you on SO MANY TOPICS. we can talk about the midwest, or southern traditions; as seeing that Jason and Lindsey are both from the south.  we can talk about college sports or american idol.  our husbands could entertain themselves for hours... they've done it several times.  we had the high privilege of watching jason and lindsey walk through pregnancy, and now through the last 9 months of sweet adeliade's life. it probably was much more "fun" from our perspective. :) Lindsey is a rock star first time mom. she has been so calm, so relaxed, and is a prime example of really making mothering HER OWN, despite what the books, the internet, or the masses tell her. Lindsey, thank you for being my friend. for coming over and playing games with us when we were the new kids on the block.... and for always being willing to bring "the salad"! you'll be very missed!!




new: my dad. i love being with my dad! i love sitting and talking with him about anything or nothing. i love that my kids will get to know him in a way they have never had a chance to before. i am looking forward to serving my dad in the same way he has selflessly served me for the past 29 and 3/4 years :) dad is so excited about our move home that for the past two years he has offered to drive the moving truck across the country when it was time. well, sure enough dad arrives next Wednesday to fulfill that commitment!


new: the Lawrence family, in Lawrence, Kansas.... enough said!!

~s

No comments:

Post a Comment