Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Facebook Stalking

Confession, I facebook stalk people. Yes, yes I do. I'm checking in on my peeps, reading their statuses and liking their selfies. I love seeing my nephew play with his potato head from thousands of miles away. I get so excited when a new picture of my nieces is posted. I adore watching the first giggles of my best friend's baby boy and watching her dog go slightly insane. I like knowing where my brother and dad are eating dinner, and I like seeing what articles my sister has read that particular day. I like receiving links from my BIL about jokes only nerds enjoy, and I like seeing my brother and SIL rocking it at Hall Family Chiropractic. I like getting random texts from my other brother telling me to stop stalking him...BWHAHAHAHA

LOVE IT!

I was walking around in Psalm today, comforted by David's bipolar spirituality, it made me feel safe in my extremes. And well, I've camping a little in the extremes recently, (ok, ok, ok, my whole life :) I love the rise and fall of some of the passages, "kill my enemies, cut their throats, bury them in the depths of their wickedness.... God you are so gentle, meek, humble, and your unfailing love sustains me." I just so see myself there. Cracking.Me.Up.

I was laughing with the Lord about my plan to read through the bible this year and the fact that I was only 61 days behind.. I named it and claimed it, on January 1st and 2nd. *sigh* I'm so glad He waits for me, I'm so glad He walks with me and talks with me, regardless of me letting down the folks at Daily Bread. He is good.

Two things resonated with me this morning. First, in Psalm 4:4 David says, "meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still" I wish I could write little permission slips to all the mamas in the trenches, and give them permission to lay before the Lord in the comfort of their beds and be still. Raising little ones can suck every ounce of life out of your soul. Meanwhile, often men and women who are out of the trenches and beyond, innocently encourage us to spend time in the word, meditating during our early hour of prayer. I used to carry that awful guilt around thinking I was less before the throne because I could not find that hour, or 15 minutes, to do my bible readin'. The Lord graciously set me free from that legalistic bondage. Some of the sweetest, most precious times I have encountered the Lord, was when I would lay my little ones down for a nap, and I too would go crawl in the bed and be still before the Lord. More often than not, sobbing my eyes out because I didn't think I could make it another day. Only offering a sacrifice of, "Here I am Lord, help me! Or take me home!"

He met me there, oh He met me there; tenderly, patiently, and He would wash me with His new mercies. Please don't hear what I am not saying, being in the word and in prayer is everything to me, but during this specific season of my life, I was lavishly blessed through laying in my bed and being still before my Jesus. Carry on mamas, drop the guilt and be set free.

Second, Psalm 5:3 (I read two WHOLE Psalms, take that Daily Bread! :) "In the morning, O Lord, you will hear my voice; in the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch." Eagerly watch. That's what stuck. Oh, we are all too good at ordering our prayers. Sometimes, as if we are pulling through a fast food restaurant, " I need a #1, definitely super sized with a side of 'big ole miracle'. Please leave off pain and misery, they contain gluten and I will unnecessarily suffer if it is cross contaminated.  I also have a coupon, I picked it up for checking off bible reading and church attendance this week, does that get me a discount?! And all hell breaks loose in our hearts and minds, if our prayers aren't put together, bagged up, and ready to go with a drink holder when we reach the window of the Almighty.

Eagerly watch.

How many of us are eagerly watching for the Lord to move in our lives?
Not bossing,
Not prodding,
Not nagging,
Not manipulating,
Not bartering with,
Not stirring before the Lord with anxiety,
BUT...
eagerly watching.

Do look for Him throughout your day? Not just when sitting in the pew, or listening to the man in the pulpit.
Are you peeling back the layers of every day life and seeking the heart of your Savior? Do see Him in the struggles and in the sweetness? Do you see Him in the crazy and the calm? Do see Him in sickness and in health? Do you see Him in poverty and prosperity? Do you see Him in the desert and in the land flowing with milk and honey?

Are you facebook stalking Jesus? Eagerly watching for the hand drawn pictures in the sky and status updates from the word that will blow your socks off. Do you admire the selfie He creates EVERYDAY in the world around you. Are you "liking" His handiwork in your life? Are you scrolling through His news feed of good news? Or are you hiding from Him? Selectively choosing what you want Him to see and not see (even though we know He is in all).

Oh, friends let it be said of us that we are eagerly watching for the Lord.
He is the best.

"as the deer pants for the water so my soul pants for you!" (Psalm 42:1)

~Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment