Tuesday, December 31, 2013

In The Beginning

I was roaming around in Genesis 1 today. With tomorrow being January 1, I thought maybe there was some nugget of truth about beginnings awaiting me in Genesis 1. And boy-howdy, was there ever.

All evangelical, Sunday-schooled, good old boys and girls can quote with me now Genesis 1:1;
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth".. BA-BAM

Honestly, I need not go much further. That's one of those stand alone moments that you can chew on, research through, and analyze with JC for days, months, years. It's like an everything kind of verse. It's one of those, "do not pass go" kind of fundamental moments in the Judeo-Christian beliefs. Let's just say it one more time before we move on,

"In the beginning God, SWEET-MAJESTIC, KING OF KINGS, ABBA FATHER, ALMIGHTY SAVIOR, MASTER HEALER, GREAT COMFORTER, FALL ON YOUR KNEES EMMANUEL.... GOD: Created the heavens and the earth." I added some color this time. :)

Verse 2.

I am ashamed to say I do not recall in my 28 years of running after Jesus, that I have ever read this verse. In most of my reading and most of my teachers, pastors, professors, etc..etc.. stopped at verse one, skipped two, and moved on to verse 3. But today the double wide started shaking as I started jumping up and down in my heart when my eyes beheld verse 2;

"The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters." BA-BAM

We are a measly 27 words into the precious word of God and He has something life changing, rock your core transforming, get up and give me a Wii remote and do a dance, AWESOME, that He wants us to know.

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

THE SPIRIT OF GOD IS MOVING!

In the beginning, THE SPIRIT OF GOD IS MOVING!

He is not a Triune God watching apathetically from the clouds above, looking down in disdain and disappointment. He is moving over and in the dark, deep, waters of formless and void LIVES.

He is moving.

He is not a hands off, magic eight ball kind of God, just hoping we followers can pull it off in the fourth quarter and bring Him some left over glory.

Oh N to the O, not this God!

He is moving.

Unashamedly, unabashedly, with no need to apologize for the mighty miracles He is weaving into this formless void of an earth.

He is intimately acquainted with the darkness, unspeakable pain, heaviness, brokenness, torture, and injustice, that permeates His created. He has studied it. He has watched the deep,darkness for what seems like an eternity, and now it is the BEGINNING! Somebody shout AMEN!

He is moving with excitement, without restraint pacing over His universe. Step by step holding myriads of myriads of angels back until HE can come at just the anointed time to conquer the darkness and deliver LIGHT. He cannot wait to come for His own, He cannot wait to come for YOU! And HOLY MOLY, it is just the BEGINNING!

In the beginning, THE SPIRIT OF GOD IS MOVING!

And for 66 straight books (I had to google that number, I failed AWANAS)
And for thousands and thousands of years
We (you and I, a bunch of broken, formless, void, human beings) are witnesses to the movement of that Great God.

After that promise, who has time for resolutions?
After that good news, all I want to do is get out of the way and let my God do His thing in 2014.

O people of the risen King, your God is moving!

Have a blessed New Year, my dear friends and family!

Much, much love!
~S


No comments:

Post a Comment